Today FedEx announces the 2017 release of new software for FedEx Web Services. This release provides new features and enhancements to streamline shipping processes to enable your day-to-day operations to run smoother. Several new features will enable you to process international packages faster and will further streamline the dangerous goods shipping process. You will also gain greater visibility and control over delivery schedules and options.
Send international shipments easier than before!
- You can help reduce brokerage costs and time in transit for your packages with International Ground Consolidation which allows you to consolidate FedEx Ground® packages from Canada to the US and US to Canada into a single consolidated shipment.
- The new Post-Shipment Document Upload feature on FedEx® Electronic Trade Documents enables you to upload customs documents after the label has been created. This allows a smoother customs clearance process by submitting documentation electronically for an earlier broker review.
- Harmonized System Service brings you a programmatic way to find information like harmonized code and unit of measurement, making your international shipping process easier.
Streamline your dangerous goods shipping processes!
- Appropriate classification types are available for Section II Lithium batteries, increasing compliance with dangerous goods regulations.
- FedEx DG Ready provides a simplified way to ship express dangerous goods and hazardous materials when using a third party. The FedEx DG Ready solution will allow you to upload data to FedEx before creating a shipping label. This helps to save time and reduce errors.
Gain greater visibility and control over delivery schedules and options!
- Enhanced Tracking from Ship History provides a more convenient, time sensitive way to track shipments.
- The ability to set messaging notifications for key events helps ensure you proactively mitigate potential problems.
- Save delays by informing FedEx in advance when you are scheduling a pickup for your dangerous goods.
For more details please click on the links below.
- FedEx Web Services technical documentation and the What’s New document, click here.
- To learn more about FedEx Electronic Trade Documents (ETD), click here.
- To learn more about these software releases and for more feature details go to the FedEx Developer Resource Center at fedex.com/us/developer.
Ken Wood is the founder of LJM Consultants. LJM helps clients negotiate “Best in Class” UPS/FedEx agreements. LJM was recently named the “best parcel auditing company in America” and was also inducted into Inc. Magazine’s Top 500/5000 fastest growing companies in America for 2013. To learn how LJM Consultants can help your company get the parcel contract you deserve, call 631-844-9500 or email kenwood@myLJM.com.