As posted by UPS
Wednesday October 25, 2017
Effective December 24, 2017, the published rates for our services will increase. This supports ongoing expansion and capability enhancements as we strive to maintain the high service levels you expect from UPS. Below is an overview of our 2018 Rates.*
The following changes will be effective December 24, 2017:
- The rates for UPS® Ground, UPS Air and International services will increase an average net 4.9%.
- The Large Package Surcharge will apply to any U.S. Domestic package with a length exceeding 96 inches or a length plus girth greater than 130 inches.
- The dimensional weight divisor for packages less than or equal to one cubic foot in size (1,728 cubic inches) will be 139 for all U.S. Domestic services subject to Daily Rates or Alaska and Hawaii Rates.
The following changes will be effective July 8, 2018:
- The Large Package Surcharge for any U.S. Domestic package delivered to a residential address will be $90.
- The Additional Handling surcharge for any U.S. Domestic package exceeding 70 pounds in actual weight will be $19.00.
Effective December 24, 2017 the rates for UPS Air Freight within and between the U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico will increase an average net 4.9%.
- UPS Air Freight Rates
- UPS Air Freight Accessorial changes
- U.S. origin UPS® Express Freight Premium Direct rates
The rates for UPS Freight non-contractual less-than-truckload (LTL) shipments rated on the current UPS Freight Tariff 580 will increase an average net 4.9% effective December 24, 2017 and will be available at ltl.upsfreight.com. This increase applies only to Tariff 580 UPS Freight density-based rates.
*The impact of these changes on your shipping costs will vary according to your shipping characteristics and the terms of your UPS agreement.